Friday, January 16, 2009

An Old Fogey Twitters

A plane crashes in the Hudson River. Twitter breaks the story. This travel blogger needs to understand this thing. Makes attemps. Doesn’t get it. Wonders how Obama found the time to figure it out and almost gives up.

And then, like manna from heaven, Son #1 dedicates his very first blog, A Human Experiment in Living (www.humanexperimentinliving.blogspot.com), and first blog post, Guide to Starting Twitter, to the task of teaching his old Mum the ropes. I am genuinely moved by the time and effort he has put in to the guide. And so I begin.

Eureka! I get it – sort of. I’m not very proficient, but I’m on my way. I’m ready for the next plane crash. I’m ready for the wisdom of crowds. Yes, No Crowds is on Twitter. Check it out @NoCrowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment